About Dr. Charles A. Moss, MD
Charles A. Moss, M.D. is a pioneer in the integration of nutritional and environmental medical approaches with acupuncture and relaxation techniques in treating the whole person.
His caring and thoughtful approach has helped many patients recover from both complex medical problems and hard to diagnose symptoms. He is committed to bringing the most advanced treatments to his patients and continues to incorporate the latest findings in integrative medicine and acupuncture in his approach to treating the whole person.
Since 1978 he has been at the forefront of the integrative medical revolution and helps people achieve optimal wellness through nutritional and environmental medicine, acupuncture and anti-aging medical therapies.
CHARLES A. MOSS, M.D.,M.Ac.(U.K.), FAAEM, FAAMA, Diplomate ABFP, ABEM
- Board Certified: Family Practice, Environmental Medicine. Medical Acupuncture
- Master in Acupuncture (U.K.)
- Fellow, American Academy of Environmental Medicine
- Fellow, American Academy of Medical Acupuncture
- Founder, American Holistic Medical Association
- Founder and Board of Directors, American Academy of Medical Acupuncture
- Founder and Director, Five Element Acupuncture Physicians Training Program
- Instructor, UCLA School of Medicine Medical Acupuncture for Physicians Program
- Member: American College of Advancement in Medicine, American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, American Medical Association
Dr. Moss graduated from the University of Pennsylvania and received his medical degree from the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine in 1972. He completed a residency in preventive medicine and family practice at the University of Arizona School of Medicine in 1978. While in Tucson he developed the first holistic health course in the United States for medical students and residents. He received a Masters in Acupuncture from the College of Traditional Acupuncture, UK. in 1980 and was the first American physician to utilize Five Element acupuncture in an integrative medicine practice.
Dr. Moss is the author of Power of the Five Elements: The Chinese Medicine Path to Healthy Aging and Stress Resistance, which details how to improve adaptation and maintain health through knowledge of a person's unique Five Element adaptation type and mind body medicine. He is also the author of The Adaptation Diet: The Complete Prescription for Reducing Stress, Feeling Great and Protecting Yourself Against Obesity, Diabetes and Heart Disease, a step by step guide to reduce inflammation, diminish the impact of food allergies, improve the detoxification process and reduce cortisol levels and biochemical stress.
He has lectured widely on nutritional medicine, environmental medicine and the use of acupuncture in an integrative medicine setting and has authored numerous articles on the use of alternative and complementary medical therapies and Five Element acupuncture in primary care.