"In this enlightening book, Dr. Charles Moss offers us the opportunity to heal our modern world through the wisdom of the ages."
Power of the Five Elements
About the Book
Based on thirty years of medical practice, Power of the Five Elements presents the Five Adaptation Types, Dr. Charles Moss’ modern application of the Five Elements of Chinese medicine.
The five types allow readers to identify through questionnaires and case histories their own energetic patterns for adaptation and to create strategies for reducing stress and improving health. Focusing on the fact that maintaining health and preventing stress-induced diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and cancer, requires adapting successfully to changing circumstances, Dr. Moss offers a range of behavioral changes, dietary recommendations, and exercises such as meditations and visualizations to enhance adaptive responses.
In addition, he explains how to reduce maladaptive patterns and prevent damage from elevated cortisol, the main stress hormone, and includes current research about the effects of long-term stress on the brain and how these can be reversed.
Want to learn more? Read excerpts from Power of the Five Elements
"Dr. Charles Moss, a masterful physician and acupuncturist, penetrates the mysteries of classical Chinese medical thinking to give us a truly useful guide to meeting life’s challenges. He demystifies this deeply thoughtful approach to health while honoring its physical, emotional, and spiritual insights. Dr. Moss makes ancient wisdom immediately applicable to dealing with modern stress, giving us clear, specific instruction for using our adaptive strengths to live a healthy, more conscious life."
Martin L. Rossman, MD
Dipl. Ac. (NCCAOM), author of Guided Imagery for Self-Healing
"This book is a must-read for everyone who wants the answer to two questions: What makes a person vulnerable to illness and premature aging? What brings a person vibrant health? I loved it and highly recommend it."
Bill Bachrach, CSP, CPAE
Author of Values-Based Financial Planning
"Dr. Charles Moss catapults the discipline of Five Element acupuncture into the contemporary framework of an individual’s response to life’s stressors. His Five Adaptation Types each embody the qualities of an element, and he lucidly animates them with snapshot stories from his clinical practice. This is the inevitable next step of integrating the classical Five Element model into modern medicine’s understanding of mind-body dynamics."
Joseph M. Helms, MD
President of Helms Medical Institute and founding president of the American Academy of Medical Acupuncture
"There have been many books written about acupuncture, and surely there are many more to come. Thus, what is most important in each addition to this body of literature is the new information, new insights, and new strategies that contribute to both those who practice some form of Eastern medicine and to those who hope to benefit from that practice.
Dr. Charles Moss has compiled a book, based on more than thirty years of clinical experience, that addresses both of these groups. Dr. Moss's medical background gives him a unique viewpoint, which provides one of the major contributions of Power of the Five Elements.
The book is filled with numerous references to clinical studies, as well as selected vignettes from Dr. Moss's own practice. Dr. Moss suggests multiple ways individuals can improve their health if they are willing to invest their time and energy."
From the forward by Peter Eckman, MD, PhD MAc (UK)
Author of In the Footsteps of the Yellow Emperor
Are you ready for change?
Power of the Five Elements provides you:
- A roadmap to understand why each person reacts to stress in the way they do and a comprehensive new approach to improve the ability to adapt
- The Five Adaptation Types, a unique and original concept based on the Five Elements of Chinese Medicine, provides this roadmap drawn from the ancient wisdom found in Taoist Chinese Medicine
- A unique synthesis, presented for the first time, of the brilliant insights of 2000 years ago and current mind-body research
- The Adaptation Types, derived from 30 years of treating thousands of patients, which gives the reader an individualized approach to improve adaptation, reduce stress and enhance healthy aging
- Case histories and questionnaires to identify the Adaptation Type and specific recommendations for each Type to create a means of reducing their stress load and improve health
- A clear understanding for the importance of reducing abnormal cortisol, the main stress hormone associated with heart disease, diabetes, cancer
- A unique use of acupressure points to enhance adaptation, as well as meditations and other exercises
If you are ready to reduce your stress response and increase energy levels, improve your mood and reduce your risk for serious illness, get started today and learn about your Adaptation Type through Power of the Five Elements