Conditions We Treat
Working together as partners, we’ll assist you in finding solutions to your health concerns. From the moment you join us in your search for optimum health, you will experience an approach that is personalized, logical, thorough and the most up to date in diagnosis and treatment.
We Specialize in Treating the Following Conditions:
- Food allergies, gluten intolerance, celiac disease, airborne allergies, asthma, sinus infections, mold exposure, environmental illness, toxic metal burden
- Back pain, neck pain, headaches, migraine, muscle and joint dysfunction
- Weight management, insulin resistance, diabetes, nutritional deficiencies
- Hormonal imbalance in men and women, low testosterone, PMS, menopause, thyroid disease, adrenal fatigue
- Tiredness, chronic fatigue syndrome, recurrent and chronic infections
- Digestive problems, irritable bowel syndrome, colitis, reflux, leaky gut, malabsorption, abdominal pain
- Heart disease, hypertension, elevated cholesterol
- Depression and anxiety, ADD, cognitive dysfunction (MCI), dementia including Alzheimer’s disease, generalized feelings of poor health
- Arthritis and autoimmune disorders, multiple sclerosis, neuropathy
- Candidiasis, vaginitis, premenstrual syndrome
Current medical research has concluded that reducing inflammation, optimizing the microbiota (gut bacteria and yeast), managing stress, reducing toxic burdens, treating infections and using a diet rich in healthful phytonutrients are the keys to resolving a wide variety of conditions; to preventing many of the most common chronic diseases including diabetes, cancer, heart disease and even Alzheimer’s disease, and to achieving optimum health.
Through functional medical testing we focus on identifying the root causes that have allowed symptoms or disease to occur that are often not identified in standard medical testing. We also test for genetic and epigenetic markers that can help direct therapy for your specific problem.
The answers to your health problem can be as simple as a diet change or might involve evaluating and treating some of the following areas:
- Allergies and intolerance to foods, molds, pollens, dust or chemicals through skin testing or blood tests
- Hormonal status including the anti-aging and stress hormones (cortisol) measured in blood, urine and saliva tests
- Digestive function including adequacy of enzyme production and evaluation of the microbiota (bacteria and yeast) in the digestive tract-evaluated through blood, urine and stool analysis
- Antioxidant, vitamin and mineral status measured in blood and urine tests
- Detoxification pathways and levels of toxic metals and chemical toxins measured in blood and urine
- Emotional, traumatic and stress history
- Energetic balance assessed through acupuncture evaluation